In order to assesses an employee’s performance and productivity over a period of time most organisations will conduct a performance appraisal. This is generally a systematic and periodic process to ascertain whether the individual is fulfilling their role within the organisation.
An appraisal, however, is only effective if the manager possesses the knowledge and skills essential to manage staff performance consistently and effectively. It has almost become a pre-requisite for a manager to know how to manage and appraise performance. This Appraisal Skills course helps to simplify this process and give participants a practical approach to enable them to appraise performance skilfully and effectively.
Who Should Attend
Managers that are required to manage and appraise performance within their role would benefit from this Appraisal Skills training course.
The aim of this one-day Appraisal Skills training course is to help participants to improve and manage staff performance consistently and effectively. Participants will learn how to set SMART objectives and how to deal confidently and professionally with poor performers.
By the end of this course, you will have:
- Learnt how to manage performance both informally and formally to influence performance improvement
- Applied a practical tool to effectively plan and prepare for appraisals
- Practiced setting SMART objectives and strategies to influence the achievement of objectives
- Demonstrated the skills to give and receive motivational and developmental feedback in a way that promotes personal ownership/ accountability for performance improvement
- Applied strategies to deal effectively with poor performers
- Planned actions to improve how performance is appraised and managed
- This course can be adapted to meet your business requirements and integrate your logo/ branding at a nominal fee.
- Can form part of a Chartered Management Institute qualification or a professionally recognised programme.
- We deliver: Our Appraisal Skills training course is delivered in-house by Adalta professional facilitators for up to 12 participants.
- You deliver: This course is available for you to purchase and deliver independently within your organisation.
- We deliver: £1350 + VAT per course (equivalent to less than £115 per person based on 12 participants). Course rate includes materials. Excludes facilitator expenses.
- You deliver: £1750 + VAT, rate includes all course material in electronic, editable format.