“Absence can cost an employer an average of eight days per employee each year.”
Within the workplace, it is essential that line managers are able to effectively manage employees who are unable to attend work for reasons of illness or injury. As well as the obvious costs to employers such as lost time and money, sickness and absenteeism can also have a detrimental effect on morale and staff engagement as co-workers inevitably pick up extra work.
Absence Management training helps managers to gain the necessary confidence and competence to effectively deal with those tricky issues that are often deemed HR’s responsibility.
This 1-day Absence Management training course helps participants understand the personal issues that may lie at the heart of absence how to deal with such issues in a fair and objective way through clear, open conversations with employees. They will gain clarity on what they can and can’t do, as well as learn how to influence an ‘attendance culture’.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is required to deal with matters relating to employee absence within their day-to-day role would benefit from an Adalta Absence Management training course.
This 1-day Absence Management course develops the essential awareness, skills and confidence of participants in order to help reduce absence in the workplace, create an attendance culture and improve workplace productivity.
By the end of this course, you will have:
- Explore the consequences of absenteeism at work in relation to quality, morale, performance and results
- Review the current legal requirements for managing staff absence
- Clarify the roles and responsibilities of those involved in managing absence and where they fit within the process (i.e. the line manager, the absentee and Human Resources)
- Identify the main causes of absenteeism at work – and not just the symptoms
- List the trigger points and timescales for dealing with absence appropriately
- Build a toolkit of practical motivation techniques to increase attendance.
- Understand the importance of recording and measuring absence and how to do this
- Define long term absence and explore how to manage this
- Choose from a range of options for facilitating employees’ return to work.
- This course can be adapted to meet your business requirements and integrate your logo/ branding at a nominal fee.
- Can form part of a Chartered Management Institute qualification or a professionally recognised programme.
- We deliver: Our absence management training course is delivered in-house by Adalta professional facilitators for up to 12 participants.
- You deliver: This course is available for you to purchase and deliver independently within your organisation.
- We deliver: £1350 + VAT per course (equivalent to less than £115 per person based on 12 participants). Course rate includes materials. Excludes facilitator expenses.
- You deliver: £1750 + VAT, rate includes all course material in electronic, editable format.